Today we have that one food that is perfect whether your team won (celebrate!) or lost (drown your sorrows) in March Madness --
Ben and Jerry's Heath Bar Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 Heath Bars
- 2 cup Heavy or Whipping Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks. You should have about 1 cup.
- Place the chucks in a bowl, cover and freeze.
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream, milk, vanilla, and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the candy, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home“Ice cream perfection in a word: Jeni’s.” –Washington Post
James Beard Award Winner: Best Baking and Dessert Book of 2011!
At last, addictive flavors, and a breakthrough method for making creamy, scoopable ice cream at home, from the proprietor of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, whose artisanal scooperies in Ohio are nationally acclaimed.
Now, with her debut cookbook, Jeni Britton Bauer is on a mission to help foodies create perfect ice creams, yogurts, and sorbets—ones that are every bit as perfect as hers—in their own kitchens.
Frustrated by icy and crumbly homemade ice cream, Bauer invested in a $50 ice cream maker and proceeded to test and retest recipes until she devised a formula to make creamy, sturdy, lickable ice cream at home.
Filled with irresistible color photographs, this delightful cookbook contains 100 of Jeni’s jaw-droppingly delicious signature recipes—from her Goat Cheese with Roasted Cherries to her Queen City Cayenne to her Bourbon with Toasted Buttered Pecans. Fans of easy-to-prepare desserts with star quality will scoop this book up.
How cool is that?
Photo of Ice Cream is by dmansouri and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License.