Gordon Ramsay's Broccoli Soup Recipe
Gordon Ramsay originally made this soup in a competition against the owner/head chef of Clubway 41. Clubway 41 had a broccoli soup which consisted of 20 different ingredients, whereas during the competition, Gordon Ramsay’s broccoli soup consisted of just 5!
Complete recipe and tips follow the video.
- 1 large Broccoli Cluster (as fresh as possible)
- 3 Teaspoons Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (4-5 turns on the grind wheel)
- Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese (2 slices per bowl)
- Walnuts (about 5 per bowl)
- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot. Add a large pinch of salt (1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp.). Add broccoli and boil rapidly.
- Slice the goat cheese. Dip the knife into the boiling hot water before each slice for even smooth cuts. Cut two slices of goat cheese per bowl being served.
- Your broccoli is finished cooking when you can pierce it with little or no effort. Remove the stock pan from the stove burner. DO NOT POUR THE WATER OUT! Use a slotted spoon to add broccoli to a blender but be careful because it’s boiling hot! Pour enough of the water left over from cooking the broccoli to fill the blender 1/4 to 1/3 way. Add a pinch (or more) of salt. Use several pulses on your blender to break the broccoli up and then puree for several seconds.
- Add five walnuts to the bottom of a shallow bowl and then place pieces of goat cheese on top of them.
- Pour soup into bowl. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and serve at once! Delicious!
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
From January to December, you'll find daily inspiration and a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving or fit any occasion. From refreshing gazpachos in summer to slow-simmered stews in winter, light broths with noodles and greens in spring to warming root vegetable purées come fall, a delicious option awaits.
With this book as your guide, find the perfect soup to match each season's ingredients, weather, and sensibility. Full-color photographs enhance many of the recipes inside to help guide your cooking.
You can start your soup-making journey at any time—just open this book, check the calendar, and you’ll be inspired to create a new soup du jour every day of the year.
Photo of Broccoli Soup is by Laura Taylor – http://www.etsy.com/shop/northloopyarn – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.