Bennigan's Cheese and Bacon Potato Skin RecipeIngredients
- 5 large (about 2 pounds) Potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 12 pieces Bacon, chopped
- 6 Green Onions, sliced
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place potatoes onto middle shelf of oven. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender. Cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook bacon for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in half the onions.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Cut potatoes into quarters, ensuring skin remains intact.
- Scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/2 inch layer of potato.
- Place skins onto a baking tray, flesh-side down.
- Brush with half the butter. Grill for 3 minutes, or until golden. Turn.
- Brush with remaining butter. Grill for a further 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Spoon bacon mixture into skins.
- Top with cheese and grill for a further 5 minutes - or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Modern Sauces: More than 150 Recipes for Every Cook, Every Day
Martha Holmberg was trained at La Varenne and is an award-winning food writer. Her look at this sometimes-intimidating genre—expressed in clear, short bites of information and through dozens of process photographs—delivers the skill of great sauce-making to every kind of cook, from beginners to those more accomplished who wish to expand their repertoire.
More than 100 recipes for sauces range from standards such as béarnaise, hollandaise, and marinara to modern riffs such as maple-rum sabayon, caramelized onion coulis, and coconut-curry spiked chocolate sauce. An additional 55 recipes use the sauces to their greatest advantage, beautifying pasta, complementing meat or fish, or elevating a cake to brilliant.
Modern Sauces is both an inspiration and a timeless reference on kitchen technique.
Photo of Potato Skins is by Kevin D Weeks - http://www.seriouslygood.kdweeks.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.