Abuelo's Jalapeno Cheese Fritters RecipeMakes about 80 fritters
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 24 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 24 ounces Monterrey Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces fresh Jalapenos, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 quarts bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
In a mixing bowl, place softened cream cheese, shredded Monterrey, Cheddar, deseeded jalapenos and seasoning, mix well. Using a level tablespoon as measurement, measure cheese fritters. Roll into balls and place on a plate or sheet pan and set aside. Prepare breading station.
Breading Station: In a 1/2 size foil pan place flour. In another 1/2 size foil pan, crack eggs add water. Whip to create egg wash. In another 1/2 size metal foil pan place bread crumbs. Place an empty 1/2 size foil pan next to the bread crumbs. Place the unbreaded cheese balls next to the flour. Start breading procedure.
Breading Procedure: Place 20 cheese balls into flour. Toss gently to coat. Shake off excess flour and place cheese balls into egg wash. Cover cheese balls completely with egg wash. Transfer cheese balls to bread crumbs. Toss gently to coat. Shake off excess bread crumbs and return cheese balls to egg wash. Return cheese balls to bread crumbs. Toss gently to coat thoroughly. Place on sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
Frying Procedure: Heat counter top fryer or frying pan filled with oil to 360 degrees. Fry cheese balls for about 1 1/2 minutes on until golden brown. Place fritters on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess grease. Serve immediately with ranch dressing for dipping.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Taste of Home Appetizers - 410 Party Favorites
Now you can dazzle family and friends with tasty tidbits from Taste of Home Appetizers-a delicious collection of party starters from Taste of Home.
With this colorful new cookbook, it's never been easier to:
- Mix and match from 410 simple-to-make recipes for any occasion
- Find the perfect bite for any event or budget
- Dish up delicious dips and spreads, meatballs, party pizzas, sweet and savory snack mixes, and more
- Practical pointers, serving ideas, and entertaining tips for stress-free gatherings any day of the week
- Handy guidelines to help take the guesswork out of food portions and quantities
- Easy-to-follow directions for guaranteed success every time
- Over 200 colorful photos of tempting appetizers you can serve hot, cold, or even make ahead
Photo of Cheese Fritters is by Bob Rudis - http://rudis.net/pelican/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License.