Bennigan's Broccoli Bites RecipeA blend of broccoli, cheese and bacon tossed in a crispy coating of Parmesan garlic herbs with smoky honey Dijon dressing.
- 3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and honey. Set aside. (See Below)
- Chop florets into small pieces or pulse lightly in food processor.
- Toss in a mixing bowl with shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Beat egg and stir in the milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and combine them with the egg and milk mixture, beating well.
- Beat in 1/2 teaspoon oil as well.
- Pour mixture over broccoli and cheese and toss to coat well.
- In a large skillet or saucepan heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop broccoli mixture by spoonfuls into 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce.
We have an even better Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe on our Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Blog. In fact we call it The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted for a reason. It really is!
Click here now for the Recipe for The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
The Mac + Cheese Cookbook 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant
Macaroni and cheese is one of America’s favorite comfort foods, beloved by kids and adults alike.
But there’s no need to rely on prefab mixes—all you need is a handful of kitchen staples, some tasty cheese, and a little insider advice courtesy of Homeroom restaurant. This perennially popular Oakland, California, eatery—with its entire menu devoted to mac and cheese—now shares its secrets for the best-ever mac recipes.
These inventive dishes offer something for everyone: nostalgic homestyle recipes like Tuna Mac, international varieties like Sriracha Mac, decadent delights like Truffle Mac, and even the logic-defying Vegan Mac. You’ll also find recipes for quick veggie sides like Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and old-school desserts like frozen Peanut Butter Pie.
With a basics section on perfecting mac sauce, choosing the best noodles, and customizing add-ins and toppings, plus an emphasis on quality ingredients and simple techniques, this fun, playful cookbook shows cheese-loving readers how to take this comfort-food staple to creative new heights.
Photo of Broccoli Bites is Owned by Stacey Huggins - Photo taken by Kasey and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.