Bonefish Grill Warm Mango Salsa RecipeAdd a sweet, exotic flavor to grilled fish or poultry.
- 2 each or 2 1/2 cups firm, fresh Mangos
- 2 tablespoons fresh Red Pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 each or 2 tablespoons Scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Peel, seed and dice mango.
- Place 2 cups of mango into a large bowl with garlic and red pepper– reserve ½ cup of mango.
- Place reserved mango in blender and puree until smooth. Combine with diced mango, garlic, and red pepper.
- Heat olive oil in small sauté pan – add red onions and cook until tender (about 2 to 3 minutes). (Note: Red onions can be substituted with yellow onions.)
- Place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Combine with all remaining ingredients and add to bowl with mango. Mix well.
- Pour into a small sauté pan and heat for 1 to 2 minutes – until warmed.
- Remove from heat and stir in scallions and cilantro.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link's Louisiana
The heart of this area—the Acadiana region of Louisiana—is a tough land that funnels its spirit into the local cuisine. You can’t find more delicious, rustic, and satisfying country cooking than the dirty rice, spicy sausage, and fresh crawfish that this area is known for.
It takes a homegrown guide to show us around the back roads of this particularly unique region, and in Real Cajun, James Beard Award–winning chef Donald Link shares his own rough-and-tumble stories of living, cooking, and eating in Cajun Country.
From the backyards where crawfish boils reign as the greatest of outdoor events to the white tablecloths of Link’s famed restaurants, Real Cajun takes you on a rollicking and inspiring tour of this wild part of America and shares the soulful recipes that capture its irrepressible spirit.
Photo of Mango Salsa is by Taz and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.