Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites do not include any actual rattlesnake -- it's the jalapeno pepper in the recipe that provides the "bite."
These are similar in ingredients and taste to jalapeno poppers.
And the great news is that you don't need to go out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse to enjoy their cheesy goodness.
Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites Recipe
Note: that you need to make plans to start the Rattlesnake Bites about 1 hour before you want to serve them so they have time to firm up in the freezer before cooking.
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh Jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped pickled Jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped Red or Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk or regular Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- Vegetable Oil
- In a shallow bowl, mix well cheese, jalapenos, bell peppers and 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- Roll into a firm “golf ball-sized” balls.
- Place bites in covered bowl and let set for 30 to 45 minutes in the freezer.
- Take the balls out of the freezer and dip in buttermilk, then roll around in breadcrumbs. You can do this early and place them in the freezer until you are ready to fry them
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
I'll tell you what else is absolutely delicious with them – Honey Mustard. Try our recipe for The Best Honey Mustard You Have Ever Tasted. CLICK HERE.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Southern Fried: More Than 150 recipes for Crab Cakes, Fried Chicken, Hush Puppies and More
Like every one of James Villas’s cookbooks, this one is impeccably researched, with flawless recipes, history, and culture. It is filled with gorgeous color photos sure to tempt even health food fanatics, with crispy, crunchy delights in chapters featuring eggs and cheese, seafood, breads, and Southern staples like grits, rice, and potatoes. Today’s deep fryers make frying easier and healthier than ever; it’s as easy as pushing a button, with no risk of splattering oil, and Villas’s expertly written recipes like Sassy Shrimp Puffs, Georgia Bacon and Eggs with Hominy, Country Fried Steak, Turkey Hash Cakes, and Rosemary Pork Chops will ensure perfect results.
This isn’t diet food, to be sure, but these are dishes that people love, and it’s safer and healthier than ever to fry without any sacrifice in flavor.
CLICK HERE NOW to get Southern Fried: More Than 150 recipes for Crab Cakes, Fried Chicken, Hush Puppies, and More
Photo of Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites is by Mike McCormick - http://aitiwv.wordpress.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.