Taco Bell Chalupa RecipeIngredients
Taco Bell Chalupa Bread - Indian Fry Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Milk
- Oil ( for deep frying)
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Onion Flakes
- 1/2 cup Water
- Oil, for deep-frying
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Diced Tomato
Indian Fry Bread
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add milk.
- Shape dough into a long cylinder and cut into 8 equal parts.
- Flour hands and work the pieces into 6" tortillas.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes.
- Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add onions and water.
- Mix again.
- In a skillet, cook beef mixture until browned. Stir often while cooking so no large chunks form; it should be more like a paste.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add meat, sour cream, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes in that order.
- Top with Taco Bell Fire Sauce, hot sauce or salsa as desired.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
The Mac + Cheese Cookbook 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant
Macaroni and cheese is one of America’s favorite comfort foods, beloved by kids and adults alike.
But there’s no need to rely on prefab mixes—all you need is a handful of kitchen staples, some tasty cheese, and a little insider advice courtesy of Homeroom restaurant. This perennially popular Oakland, California, eatery—with its entire menu devoted to mac and cheese—now shares its secrets for the best-ever mac recipes.
These inventive dishes offer something for everyone: nostalgic homestyle recipes like Tuna Mac, international varieties like Sriracha Mac, decadent delights like Truffle Mac, and even the logic-defying Vegan Mac. You’ll also find recipes for quick veggie sides like Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and old-school desserts like frozen Peanut Butter Pie.
With a basics section on perfecting mac sauce, choosing the best noodles, and customizing add-ins and toppings, plus an emphasis on quality ingredients and simple techniques, this fun, playful cookbook shows cheese-loving readers how to take this comfort-food staple to creative new heights.
Photo of Taco Bell XXL Chalupa with Border Salsas is by theimpulsivebuy - http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License.