Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup
I like to enjoy Broccoli Cheese Soup as it is served at Panera, in a bread bowl.
You can buy good bread bowls at almost any bakery or most big grocery stores.
Or you can go all out and make your own Bread Bowls at home with our easy recipe -- Bread Bowls Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or Bouillon
- 1/2 pound fresh Broccoli
- 1 cup Carrots, julienned
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Saute the onion in butter and set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add in the half-and-half (you are making a roux).
- Add the chicken stock whisking all the time.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions.
- Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- The soup should be thickened by now. Pour in batches into blender and puree.
- Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended.
- Stir in the nutmeg and serve.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
California Pizza Kitchen Pasta, Salads, Soups, And Sides
Customers keep coming back for the boldly flavored pastas, soups, salads, and side dishes.
The follow-up to the bestselling California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook , this new cookbook serves CPK customers just what they ordered -- secret restaurant recipes, never available before. With gorgeous color photographs of the finished dishes throughout the book, CPK fans will be tempted by recipes for Oriental Chicken Salad, Spinach Artichoke Dip, and Kung Pao Spaghetti, to name just a few.
Photo of Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup is by Dave77459 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.