Bonefish Grill Bang Bang ShrimpIf you’re not familiar with it, Bonefish Grill is a moderately expensive “fancy” dining seafood and steak place.
The Bang Bang Shrimp Appetizer is referred to on the menu as a house specialty and I understand they sell a lot of them.
It is very good as an appetizer, but who eats appetizers at home? Not me or my friends. Not before meals anyway.
What we do eat are appetizers as party foods.
Take Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp (and wings) and you will be the hit of the party — guaranteed!
Okay, so let’s adapt it for a party.
Buy some good , large breaded shrimp. There's really no need to go to all the trouble of breading your own for this recipe. The flavor is in the sauce. Besides, you have better things to do.
Buy some chicken wings while you're at the store. This sauce is excellent on wings and wings are always good party food.
Crank up the heat in the sauce a bit. This is not a family dinner — This is a PARTY!
Oh okay, I’ll do that for you.
Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Restaurant Recipe Original Recipe
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (We always use Dukes. You use what ever you like - But we recommend Dukes)
- 4 teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce (find this in the Chinese section of your grocery or in a Oriental Market)
- 1 teaspoon granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
Our Bang Bang Party Recipe
- Increase the Chili Garlic Sauce to 8 teaspoons or more.
- Add 3 teaspoons minced Garlic (or 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder)
- Precook the wings and shrimp WITHOUT the sauce.
- Mix up the Sauce. DO NOT MIX THE SHRIMP OR WINGS IN YET!
- Bowl both and go to or wait for the party. DO NOT MIX THE SHRIMP OR WINGS IN YET! Seriously! These DO NOT travel or sit around well. If you insist on saucing them early, you are going to have big ol' bowl of mush when the party begins. It will look like shrimp oat mill. I speak from experience. :)
- Make sure if your are taking these to a party, to take a big serving platter with you.
- At the start of the party — JUST BEFORE YOU SERVE THEM — toss the shrimp and wings into the sauce and place them on the platter.
- Sprinkle your peanuts and green onions on top.
- Enjoy the compliments.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
The Ultimate Shrimp Book: More than 650 Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Seafood Prepared in Every Way Imaginable
Dive into this collection of more than 650 shrimp recipes. Whether you love shrimp fried, steamed, baked, broiled, or grilled, in mole sauce, cream sauce, cocktail sauce, peanut sauce, or garlic sauce, crispy, crunchy, tender, hot, or cold, you're about to fall in love with shrimp all over again.
Rediscover the classics like shrimp rémoulade or go cutting edge with sweet and spicy black pepper caramel shrimp. Try shrimp twists on familiar international favorites like paprikash and vindaloo. And don't forget the crowd pleasers like shrimp nachos and popcorn shrimp.
For a formal dinner, a quick family meal, or a tasty snack, The Ultimate Shrimp Book has the perfect shrimp recipe for every occasion.
Photo of Happy Hour at Bonefish is by Dinemag - Katherine Lynch - Visit her website - http://dinemag.net/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.