This was the very first recipe I included in this blog. This choice was simple -- This is one of my all-time favorites dishes from any restaurant.
What I didn't do, however, was to include the recipe for the Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce that is so integral part of the flavor. Luckily a couple of readers wrote in and pointed out my mistake and I was able to correct it on a later post.
But, you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to read a recipe. So here is the complete Macaroni Grill's Pasta Milano Recipe with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce.
Romano's Macaroni Grill Pasta Milano Recipe
Here is one of my all time favorite restaurant dishes for you.
I love to go to Romano’s Macaroni Grill. I love the smell of the open fire grill as I open the front door, the sound of the singing waiters as I set down at my table, and all of the food that they bring me.
Unfortunately for me, that is ALWAYS the same dish. You see on my very first visit I tried the Pasta Milano and fell so deeply in love with it that I have not been able to order anything else. I try. It all looks so good. From the brick-oven-cooked BBQ Chicken Pizza and the Penne Rustica to the Seafood Linguine, from the Chicken Portobello to the Honey Balsamic Chicken I am dying to try it all.
And I make good plans to do so. I pour over the menu finally picking out Grilled Salmon or Chicken Marsala. I can already taste it.
But as soon as the waiter approaches — Bam! I point to the Pasta Milano. Oh well, at least I do always enjoy my dinner.
But recently I found something that should make my next trip a surprise to my friends. I found a recipe and started making the dish at home for myself. It is just as good at my home as it is at Romano’s (though I do miss the singing waiters).
Thanks to this secret copycat restaurant recipe my next trip — and yours – to Romano’s Macaroni Grill ought to follow a different script. We are now free to look over the wonderful menu and order one of the other dishes we have so often craved. I can hardly wait!
Should I get Chicken & Shrimp Scaloppine or Honey Balsamic Chicken or Sicilian Pizza…or…
Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano Copycat Recipe
- 6 ounces Butter
- 18 ounces grilled Chicken, sliced
- 12 ounces Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 12 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 36 ounces Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce (recipe follows)
- 36 ounces Bow Tie Pasta
- Cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Sauté butter and mushrooms about 30 seconds.
- Add the roasted garlic cream sauce and Parmesan; heat thoroughly.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta to the sauté pan and mix well.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Sing Italian Love Songs (Optional)
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic
- Dash Salt & Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Beef Base or 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in a small amount of butter until soft but not brown, about a minute.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to a simmer.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Let the sauce simmer, reduce and become thicker, about 10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes
She makes it all look easy, because it is.
Photo of Chicken Milano is by isthisREALLYmylife? - Emily Hill - Visit Emily's website here - http://www.isthisreallymylife.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.