Golden Corral’s Bourbon Street Chicken Recipe

Golden Corral’s Bourbon Street Chicken

Ingredients
  • 1 Pound Chicken Leg or Thigh Meat, pulled apart or cut in bite size chunks 
  • 4 ounces Soy Sauce 
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar 
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder 
  • 1 teaspoon powdered Ginger 
  • 2 tablesoons dried minced Onion 
  • 1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey (that's KENTUCKY Bourbon!) 
  • 2 tablespoons White Wine

Directions


  1. Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces in a bowl. 
  2. Cover and refrigerate (stirring often) for several hours (best overnight). 
  3. Bake chicken at 350 for one hour in a single layer, basting every 10 minutes.
  4. Remove chicken.
  5. Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a frying pan. 
  6. Heat, and add 2 Tbs. white wine.
  7. Stir and add chicken.
  8. Cook for 1 minute and serve.

5 comments:

Restaurant Recipes said...

I have found your blog a very handy website for all my recipes. I will try out a couple of recipes now.

recipes for bbq said...

Hi, thanks for the bbq recipes ideas, I will try to implement these in my brother's next bbq party. I was hoping to get some new recipes for the same because, I love to cook and when people appreciate it.

recipes for bbq

Susan said...

Can you substitute something else for the bourbon?
We do not have this in our home..

Mark Hester said...

Susan,

I don't know.

There is a person who keeps replying to this post and several others saying he worked at Golden Corral and there is no bourbon at all in the chicken. I would recommend his recipe -- but his page is so full of obscenities and rants about customers that I refuse to post his comment or link to his page.

I suppose, based upon his recipe, that you could just leave it out and try that.

Sorry. That's the best I can do.

Good luck.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this recipe! My son ate at a GC and has been asking for it ever since. I also saw the blog from the guy who claims to be a "GC veteran". LOL - that's not something I'd brag about. I'm a restaurant inspector of 20 years and NONE of us inspectors would ever eat in a GC. They are disgusting....dirty and poor food safety practices. Make it at home yourself instead! :)