Planet Hollywood is the theme restaurant chain inspired by the popular portrayal of Hollywood, launched in New York on October 22, 1991, with the backing of Hollywood stars Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and in the past, Arnold Schwarzenegger who has since sold his part.
It was a brainchild of Robert Earl, former president of Hard Rock Cafe. Planet Hollywoods were modeled after the Hard Rock formula, so closely in fact that a lawsuit ensued and awarded the Hard Rock millions in damages. Earl recruited many former Hard Rock veterans to open new PH stores. Movie star "owners" received stock options at rock bottom price in exchange for their endorsement, thus they could be billed as legal owners.
Planet Hollywood Cap'n Crunch Chicken
2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
2 cups corn flakes
1 cups milk
2 1/2 cups all−purpose flour
25 to 30 chicken tenders
3 tablespoons granulated onion
Vegetable oil for deep frying
3 tablespoons granulated garlic
Creole mustard sauce, recipe follows
1 tablespoon pepper
1. In food processor, grind cereals until crumbly but some 1/8−inch chunks are still visible.
2. Spread in a shallow pan.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, onion, garlic and pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
5. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Dip in egg mixture, coating evenly. Dredge in cereal mixture, coating well.
6. Arrange on wax paper.
7. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 325 degrees.
8. Deep fry chicken in batches for 3 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain.
Makes 4 servings.
At Planet Hollywood the Cap'n Crunch Chicken is served with a spicy Creole Mustard Sauce.
Creole Mustard Sauce for Planet Hollywood's Cap'n Crunch Chicken
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons horseradish
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons chopped celery
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup hot mustard
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Serve on the side with chicken. Makes about 2 cups.
Information for this entry gathered from Wikipedia -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Hollywood