Today's Recipe is an UNCOVERED GEM from Kroger.
Thai Chicken Salad.
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Dried Tarragon
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
4 Green Onions, sliced thinly on the bias
3 ribs Celery, strings removed and sliced thinly on the bias
1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
1 cup Sugar Snap Peas, strings removed
1 cup Carrots,scraped and cut thinly on the bias
1/2 cup Cashews
2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon fresh Ginger, minced
3/4 teaspoon Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Whisk together the lemon juice, tarragon and oil.
2. Put chicken in a large plastic bag and pour on the mixture.
3. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Remove from bag (discard liquid) and pat dry.
5. Grill or bake chicken until fork tender and juices run clear (about 12 to 15 minutes)
6. When cool, cut into cubes.
7. In a large bowl combine chicken, cilantro, green onions, celery, peppers, snap peas, carrots and cashews.
8. In another bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic.
9. Slowly whisk in the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Pour dressing over salad and toss.