There was a time when fast food restaurant didn't serve breakfast.
Hard to believe, I know.
What would we do if we couldn't stop into Mickey D's or the King's and get something hot and greasy along with a weak coffee? Eat at home I guess.
First, for the eggs, you will need to create a ring to make them perfectly round (same as with an Egg McMuffin). Just cut both ends off tuna cans, clean thoroughly, and you will have a mold to use. Be sure to use non−stick spray around the sides that touch the egg. When they're time to flip over, left the can up and loosen the egg from the can with a knife.
Burger King Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
For The Biscuit Sandwich
- Use Pillsbury "Grands" Buttermilk Biscuits (Five biscuits per can)
- 1 Egg per biscuit
- 2 ounce Ground Breakfast Sausage per biscuit, or two slices Bacon
- 1 slice American Cheese per biscuit
- Prepare biscuits according to package instructions.
- Cook bacon and/or sausage. Flatten the sausage out to be about the same diameter as your tuna cans, and cook.
- Beat each egg individually and fry using the molds. Salt and pepper to your taste.
- To assemble - slice biscuit in half.
- On the bottom half of the biscuit, place the egg, then sausage/bacon, topped with a cheese slice, and then top half of biscuit.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
For the Croissanwich:
- 1 − 8 ounce can of Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls (normally 8 rolls).
- Open the can and separate the dough into four squares (two rolls per square).
- Take one square, separate the pieces and turn one 180 degrees around to form a large triangle. Pinch the dough in the middle to seal, and roll up starting with the wide end. Then, take both ends and bring together to form a tight circle. Repeat with others.
- Cook according to instructions.
- Top in the same manner as biscuits above.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Southern Biscuits features recipes and baking secrets for every biscuit imaginable, including hassle-free easy biscuits to embellished biscuits laced with silky goat butter, crunchy pecans, or tangy pimento cheese.
The traditional biscuits in this book encompass a number of types, from beaten biscuits of the Old South and England, to Angel Biscuits—a yeast biscuit sturdy enough to split and fill but light enough to melt in your mouth.
Filled with beautiful photography, including dozens of how-to photos showing how to mix, stir, fold, roll, and knead, Southern Biscuits is the definitive biscuit baking book.
Photo of BK Biscuit - Bacon Egg & Cheese is by Marjie Kennedy and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.