Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Recipe
First you need to make the White Sauce Base:
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Melt the butter in nonstick skillet.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring contantly to get rid of lumps. When you have added the right amount of milk, you should have like a white gravy consistency.
- Set aside.
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 tablspoons crushed Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Chablis or other Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup White Sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Melt butter over a slow heat.
- Add garlic, italian seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- Saute for about 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add wine, water and chicken base. Stir well.
- Add the white sauce and stir until slightly thickened.
- 1/2 package of Angel Hair Pasta, Cooked
- 3 Bell Peppers, thinly sliced (Make it pretty -- use one each of red, green and yellow)
- 1 thinly sliced Red Onion
- 10 whole Garlic Cloves
- Enough Chicken to feed you and your guests. The amount, pieces and style here is up to you. Use what ever you like.
- Put the garlic cloves in a small nonstick skillet with some oil and saute
- them on low for about 20 minutes. Just put the lid on the skillet and let them cook. They should be golden and creamy when they are done.
- Saute the peppers and onions for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the chicken to your preference.
- Add Chicken to skillet with peppers.
- Add Sauce and mix until the sauce is reheated.
- Throw in garlic cloves.
- Place a small mound of angel hair pasta in the center of a warm plate
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pasta making sure to distribute the chicken as desired.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
The New Lasagna Cookbook: A Crowd-Pleasing Collection of Recipes from Around the World for the Perfect One-Dish Meal
She just can’t get enough of that hearty deep-dish Italian favorite, stuffed with juicy fillings, sauced to perfection and bubbling over with cheesy goodness. But she also knows she’s not alone.
In The New Lasagna Cookbook, Maria gives every lasagna lover their heart’s desire. She has scoured the world for inspiration to create a book brimming with delectable lasagna triumphs from traditional versions to classics with a twist to new-wave, meat and vegetarian varieties. Tempt the taste buds with such crowd-pleasers as Lasagne Quattro Formaggi, Artichoke and Spinach Lasagna, Pulled Pork Barbecue Lasagna, and many others.
Completing the book with starters and salads, as well as some delicious desserts, Sanchez provides the tasty blueprint for a meal bursting with flavor for every craving. Her easy-to-follow and engaging style gives beginning cooks an excellent primer on lasagna basics while seasoned kitchen veterans will find themselves joining her on a culinary trip around the world.
Perfect for family dinners big and small, as well as the best answer to the perennial question "What should I bring?”
The New Lasagna Cookbook is destined to become a well-worn classic on the shelf of home cooks everywhere.