Make Houston's Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe at home anytime. It's great for a party, tailgating, a picnic...or just because you want to relax. Grab a bag of chip or some pita bread and make Houston's Spinach and Artichoke Dip tonight.
In honor of my University of Louisville Cardinals Men playing in the Elite Eight Today against North Carolina and my University of Louisville Cardinals Women playing in the Sweet 16 today, also against North Carolina I have some party recipes for you.
Houston's is a regional chain out of...surprise...Texas. I've never eaten at Houston's so I can't vouch for whether this dip recipe is a close clone or not. But I can tell you that it is good!
Houston's Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 bags (1 lb. each) fresh Spinach
- 1/8 pound Butter − not margarine
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh Garlic
- 2 tablesoons minced Onions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pint heavy Cream (whipping cream)
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, coarsely diced
- Steam spinach − strain and squeeze through cheesecloth. Must be very dry. Chop finely and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Add garlic and onions and saute about 3−5 minutes.
- Add flour to make a roux. Stir and cook about 1 minute.
- Slowly add heavy cream, stirring with a whisk to prevent lumping. Mixture will thicken at the boiling point.
- When it thickens, add lemon juice, Tabasco, salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Fold in dry, chopped spinach, coarse diced artichoke hearts and Jack cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
Serve immediately, or portion and microwave to order.
Serve with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips for dipping.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Great Party Dips
Dips are the perfect party foods.
This full-color cookbook gives you more than 60 recipes that will add pizzazz to any party.
Cool dips, hot dips, salsas, spreads, pates, and even recipes for dessert dips. You'll find recipes for all your favorites, each with a special twist, as well as lots of new and exciting choices like Rockin' Moroccan Salsa, Artichoke-Asiago Dip with Lemon, and Deviled Shrimp with Bacon.
You'll also find all of your favorites here—Hummus with Smoked Paprika, Fresh Spinach Dip with Feta and Dill, and Two-Olive Tapenade with Capers, to name a few—each with a special twist that makes it party-perfect. There are recipes for cool dips, hot dips, salsas, spreads, pâtés, and more—even recipes for festive dessert dips, such as Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip.
Best of all, most of these recipes are so simple even a novice cook can pass for a pro.
Taste of Home Appetizers - 410 Party Favorites
Now you can dazzle family and friends with tasty tidbits from Taste of Home Appetizers-a delicious collection of party starters from Taste of Home.
With this colorful new cookbook, it's never been easier to:
- Mix and match from 410 simple-to-make recipes for any occasion
- Find the perfect bite for any event or budget
- Dish up delicious dips and spreads, meatballs, party pizzas, sweet and savory snack mixes, and more
- Practical pointers, serving ideas, and entertaining tips for stress-free gatherings any day of the week
- Handy guidelines to help take the guesswork out of food portions and quantities
- Easy-to-follow directions for guaranteed success every time
- Over 200 colorful photos of tempting appetizers you can serve hot, cold, or even make ahead
Photo of Spinach and Artichoke Dip is by DineMag - Katherine Lynch - Visit Katherine's Blog here - http://dinemag.net/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.