The Blog that Would Not Die -- No, no, That's a Good Thing!

Hello, again.

I started this blog several months ago, along with a few others, because of my love of Restaurant Recipes and to try my hand at blogging. I enjoyed it for a while and then...

Real life hit. Hard.

I won't bore you with the lurid details -- but I am back and ready to share recipes with you.

Because, unlike my other blogs, this one has never stopped getting traffic. The last post was four months ago and, remarkably, it is still getting visitors. This tells me that there are others out there who share my passion for Restaurant Recipes, recipes and good food in general.

Another interesting thing (at least to me) is that this blog has a 0% bounce rate. Bounce is when someone visits a site and leave from the page they arrived on. Bounces off. I only have 2 pages but everyone apparently looks at both. That's great. Another indication that there are more people like me out there.

Now I may have not been blogging but I have still been collecting recipes. So if you have a request, please ask and I will do my best to get it for you. In fact PLEASE COMMENT! About anything, I'm not particular.

I do have one comment and it is a request. It's below the Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken if you missed it.

Anonymous writes:

Hi, I am trying to find the recipe for the regular ranch dressing that Applebee's serves. It has a big of a zing to it and I would love to be able to make it at home. Thanks for your help. I will check your page for an answer.

I hope you are still checking. Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you.

I did find out some info but not a recipe. Here is what I found out:

A former Applebee's employee told me that they used Naturally Fresh Brand Lo-fat Ranch. They make the Mexi-Ranch by adding equal parts ranch and salsa together.

I can't verify that this is 100% true or true at all Applebee's though I do trust her and NatFresh is VERY GOOD. Try it if you haven't. By the way this is the brand that Red Lobster also uses (This is from a former Restaurant Manager I know)

Mark



Photo by Katherine Lynch

Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe

My buddies and I have taken our favorite Bonefish Grill Recipe -- Bang Bang Shrimp -- and cranked it up a notch. Then we made a party out of it. You're gonna love this one. Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang Shrimp and Bang Bang Wings Party Recipes.

Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang Shrimp Appetizer

  If you're not familiar with it, Bonefish Grill is a moderately expensive "fancy" dining seafood and steak place. Bang Bang Shrimp is referred to on the menu as a house specialty and I understand they sell a lot of them.

It is very good as an appetizer, but who eats appetizers at home? Not me or my friends. Not before meals anyway.

What we do eat are appetizers as party foods for parties, picnics, tailgating and more.

Soooooo.... we adapted Bonefish Grill's wonderful Bang Bang Shrimp for our parties and friends.

Here ya go!

First, buy some breaded shrimp. No need to bread your own -- you have more important things to do.

Buy some chicken wings while you're at it. This sauce is excellent on wings and wings are always good party food.

Crank up the heat in the sauce a bit. This is not a family dinner -- This is the SUPERBOWL! Oh okay, I'll do that for you like my friends and I do.   

 

 

Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Restaurant Recipe

Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang Shrimp Appetizer

Here’s an interesting take on a recipe for Bone Fish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp. We have turned it into a party appetizer your guests will love. Make our Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe at home tonight for your next party.
 
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (We always use Dukes. You use whatever you like - But we recommend Dukes)
  • 4 teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce (find this in the Chinese section of your grocery or in a Oriental Market)
  • 1 teaspoon granulated Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
  • Chopped Peanuts and Onion Greens to sprinkle on top.

That’s it for the original recipe. Pretty simple and delicious. But for a party I recommend:

Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Party Recipe

  • Increase the Chili Garlic Sauce to 8 teaspoons or more.
  • Add 3 teaspoons minced Garlic (or 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder)

Taste it. If it’s still not hot enough, go wild and throw in some hot sauce.
 
Instructions
  1. Precook the wings and shrimp WITHOUT the sauce.
  2. Mix up the Sauce. DO NOT MIX THE SHRIMP OR WINGS IN YET!
  3. Bowl both and go to or wait for the party.  DO NOT MIX THE SHRIMP OR WINGS IN YET!  Seriously!  These DO NOT travel or sit around well.  If you insist on saucing them early, you are going to have big ol' bowl of mush when the party begins.  It will look like shrimp oat mill.   I speak from experience. :)
  4. Make sure if your are taking these to a party, to take a big serving platter with you.
  5. At the start of the party — JUST BEFORE YOU SERVE THEM — toss the shrimp and wings into the sauce and place them on the platter.
  6. Sprinkle your peanuts and green onions on top.
  7. Serve.
  8. Enjoy the compliments.

       

Photo of Happy Hour at Bonefish is by Katherine Lynch and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Katherine. Great Picture. Photos may be "representative" of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet - courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.