Baby Back Ribs are the most popular item on Applebee's menu and are incredibly easy to make at home. The BBQ sauce is surprisingly simple and has only 6 ingredients. SIX! Make our Applebee's Baby Back Ribs Recipe soon.
Ask anyone to name their favorite casual dining restaurants and you can bet that Applebees will be up there close to the top along with the superior Outback Steakhouse or Olive Garden. Applebee's Grill just seems to have it's finger on the pulse of the American diner.
I'm not complaining, mind you. I love the place. Especially Applebee's Baby Back Ribs.
By the way, I'm not sure if they sell the Barbeque Sauce by the bottle at the restaurants or online (If anyone knows, please leave a comment and let us all know.)
If you need help cooking the ribs (or just want to read more about BBQ and Grilling) visit my website The Weekend Grillers - Grilling Ribs. We have recipes, techniques and reviews.
Applebee's Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 3 racks of Baby-Back Pork Ribs, each rack cut in half (about one pound each)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Put ribs in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat becomes fork-tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring often, 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiler pan with foil for easy cleanup.
- Place ribs, meat side down, on broiler-pan rack, brush with 1/2 the sauce and broil 4 – 5 inches from heat source for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Turn ribs over, brush with remaining sauce and broil 6 – 7 minutes longer or until edges are just slightly charred.
Serve with dipping sauce if you followed my advice and made two batches.
Makes about 4 servings for normal people or 1 serving for a True BBQ Fanatic.
Takes about 1 1/4 hours with about 4 minutes actual work time. .
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We'll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You'll love it.
Weber's Way to Grill: The Step-by-Step Guide to Expert Grilling
Well, first of all, it is not just one way to grill. It is not about absolute right and wrong when it comes to issues like gas versus charcoal, direct versus indirect heat, or grilling with the lid on or off. Webers Way to Grill includes and embraces any way to grill so long as it works. And what works best is paying attention to culinary details. There is a big difference between winging it and paying attention.
Everything a griller wants to know in the most complete grilling technique book ever
Photo of Applebee's Baby Back Ribs By Lippo - Mike LaPlante. Used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.